Wednesday, 17 March 2021

Album Cover artwork and design:

This is my design for my album cover. I decided to keep it simple and used an app on my phone to take loads of different pictures with different filters to make an album cover. This is the one I chose. I took it in my classroom at school and I decided to use the folders and books to represent this. I wanted it to look like a school, as I wanted the album cover to reflect that the band members or artist is young. The haphazard way that the folders are placed in the cabinet I also really liked as I feel like this will reflect the kind of music that I think the artist would make.  I wanted the album cover to represent an indie, or rock band and when I get the chance to receive some feedback, it would be nice to know from a different perspective whether or not I made that clear from my album cover.

 










 

I did take a lot of other pictures as back-ups for the album cover. This one I did like originally, but I didn’t like it for a few reasons. Firstly, I didn’t think that the use of the guitars was very original, despite them being useful in showing the genre of the band quite clearly. I also thought that since there wasn’t an awful lot going on in the album cover, it relied quite heavily on the font, which is fine, but I never felt truly satisfied with the way the cover turned out. I did quite like the contrast between the black and white front cover, and the colourful back cover, which is why I replicated this in my final album cover idea.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Critical Reflection Task

I have been part of a group that has constructed a music campaign for a band within the genre of pop-rock and have created three products fr...