Sunday, 12 September 2021

Songs for media feedback blogpost:

I played 2 out of the 4 songs that I chose to look at for my music campaign to my class so that I could gain some honest feedback from my piers on whether they liked the song, the image that the song could reflect and if they thought the song would be a good choice to base a music campaign around. This is really going to help me moving forward and will help me decide whether one of my songs would be good, or whether we should go with someone else’s song from my group.

 

 

 

Musky feedback:




This was my first choice to play in class, which is why it is labelled as song 1 on my blog post. I think it is the most interesting out of the songs I found, but this is what feedback I got from playing it.

 

 

Was it a band or artist? my class thought that it was quite clear that this song was written by a band, and that the band had a strong and obvious frontman.

 

Was the song/band castable? This question was used to help determine whether the band or artist would be easily castable using people at school. From the feedback my class thought that it was an easy song to cast, but we would need an older looking upper year to be the strong main role in the band, as the singer sounds relatively old in the song.

 

What genre was it? The class thought it was from the alternative genre.

 

Would it be a good song to launch a campaign around? My class thought that this song would be quite tricky to plan an entire campaign around, as the song struggles to hold interest throughout the entire piece, and so planning a campaign around it would be hard.

 

What would you expect to see in the music video? A big performance from the band, with an obvious focus on the lead singer, with some trippy and psychedelic effects to add to it.

 

What is the image of the band/lead singer? Quite quirky and alternative, perhaps a bit shy.

 

These are some more images of the band that I found after I received feedback from my class. I think these images prove that my class were mostly correct in what they said, with the psychedelic patterns/writing and the focus on a strong male lead.


Buried in the sound feedback:

This was the second song I chose to play in class, and I chose to play this one as it is the least like the first song I played, and I wanted to show a range of genres in the songs I chose.

 

 

Was it a band or artist? Artist.

 

Was the artist castable? My class thought the song was very castable with using the people at school.

 

What genre did my class think the song was? My class thought it was from the pop genre primarily, with a hint of indie to the song as well.

 

Was it a good song to base a campaign off? My class thought that it was a good song to plan a campaign around. My class found it a lot easier with this song to picture the key conventions of the song in the music video, with the artist being a primary focus, and her having a flirtatious personality on screen surrounded by dancers. My class thought it would be a lot easier to film and base a campaign off than the first song I presented.

 

What is the image of the artist? The feedback I received was that my class pictured her as a confident, strong, independent, and powerful person.

 

Again I decided to go out after the feedback to try and find out more about the artist and to try and find some more images, and I think the feedback about this artist from my class was also very accurate.



 


This is the feedback I received from my class about the songs that I chose to present. I was quite curious to see how they felt about the other 2 songs that I picked out, but I am glad I went with the songs I presented as I still think that those 2 are the stronger songs. The next step is to be put into a group and deciding who’s song we will pick to base our campaign around.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Critical Reflection Task

I have been part of a group that has constructed a music campaign for a band within the genre of pop-rock and have created three products fr...