A logo is a recognisable symbol that is used by a company or an artist/band so that their products and music can be appreciated through a small design or symbol. In some cases, the logo can be more famous or recognisable than the band or company that designed them.
Bands and artists use logos so their music can be reflected in another form of art. Incorporating logos in the bands merchandise can generate more money for the artist. The logo can also reflect the genre of music.
I have chosen Van Halen’s logo as an example. This logo shows the that the band is a rock band, as it is very sharp angles, and it is simplistic, but very recognisable. The first thing that I noticed about this logo was the three stripes off the side of the letters. They resemble a wing like symbol.
The second thing that I noticed about the logo is the red and grey mixed together, which gives off almost futuristic and spaceship connotations.
Finally, I noticed the 3D configuration. This really cements the logo as a big and strong logo, whilst again giving off a futuristic vibe.
I am going to design a logo for the band that I did an album cover for recently. I am going to try to take into consideration the genre, the name of the band, and the layout of the album itself, as it was a very simplistic album which I would quite like to replicate in my logo.
I like the way that my logo turned out. I think that I was able to portray the simplicity that I portrayed in the album cover. I went for a more rock like logo so that there was no confusion this time. If I was to do things differently, I would probably try to make the grave slightly more grave-like, with a more rounded top and a less square edge. Overall, I am happy with how it turned out.






No comments:
Post a Comment