Band or Artist:
When I was making my album cover, I was trying to make it for a band, not an artist. When I presented it to my class, they thought that the fact that I had the words “presents” and “the system” showed that it was definitely for a band, and so I am happy with the feedback on that.
Genre:
I was trying to make my album cover for an indie or maybe rock n roll or even a grunge band. My class said that when looking at it, the majority of the class thought it was an indie band, but other suggestions included alternative, rock and grunge. They said also that perhaps the top half of the front cover was indie, but the bottom half was rock.
To improve on this, I would choose what genre I would like the band to have, and then decide what it is about the bottom or top half (depending on whether I decide between indie or rock), and then use that new information to make the top half match with the bottom.
Likes:
My class liked the simplicity of the album cover. They also liked the slanted title, the asymmetric look of it and how the name of the band links with the yellow tint on the entire album cover.
The boarder gave off a polaroid camera kind of vibe which they liked, and the “velvet” they said worked with the font.
They liked the image on the back as well.
Finally, they liked the saturation on the front cover.
Changes:
They thought that the legal information could have fit better, and the 4 different font types on the back cover is unnecessary.
They also thought the track list could have been as part of the books, which seemed like a missed opportunity.
Finally, they thought that the back was too bright in colour to fit with the dull and dark colour scheme on the front cover.
















No comments:
Post a Comment