Monday, 22 November 2021

Making of our social media - part 5

Here are the next bunch of posts that I put on my twitter. These first posts are quite fundamental to the whole campaign and so for all of these next tweets I didn't use a photo, but I still needed to make sure that I included these particular tweets on the bands social media as they are fundamental to the whole music campaign. The later ones from this update are still very important, but for different reasons as they are more about creating a more personal relationship with the audience. 

The first tweet is reminding the audience that the single from our album drops the next day. This is crucial as it ensures that the audience knows and gets ready for the drop of the single. Also, considering the fact that the single is the song from the album that we shot a music video for, it is most definitely the most important song from the album. 


The second tweet that I sent out was announcing the drop of the single. This is not quite as important as the previous tweet in my opinion, as the single has been dropped already, but it still is just in case anyone who is following our bands twitter feed hasn't seen the previous 2 or 3 tweets, they now know that the new single is out. 


The tweet that I did was a more casual one but it is still very fundamental to our social media. It is a more goofy and relaxed post, but in this way it creates a more personal relationship with the audience, and gives them a sense of what the band are really like. 

The next post that I did was another post promoting the video for the single that we are about to announce the drop for on social media. This is again, just a reminder post, but it plays a very important role. 


The next post was quite a unique tweet. I thought that it was a good idea to introduce some musicality into the actual social media of the band, and so I tweeted something that mainly applies to Connie (the guitarist) but that also shows the audience that they enjoy the music that they have produced as well. 


I think that one thing that Tegan and I have done well at throughout this whole experience of updating the social medias is making sure that the semi-rebellious young teenage girl star image type culture that the band is all about is present throughout the social media. This is something that we have had to be careful with and we have had to make sure we don't get caught up in all the posts and tweets and forget about the star image. It is something I have found challenging to do on the tweets without photos, but I think that it is getting easier now that I am more used to it. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Critical Reflection Task

I have been part of a group that has constructed a music campaign for a band within the genre of pop-rock and have created three products fr...