Sunday, 7 November 2021

Miley Cyrus - Instagram research

This is my research into Miley Cryus's Instagram. I am going to check out what kind of general posts that Miley Cyrus does on instagram just to get some generic post inspiration for our band, but then I am going to go into deeper research and see how she manages her social media platform when she is approaching an album release, how she promotes it on the day of release, and what she does after the album has been released. I am going to create a time-line for this. The reason that I am doing this is so that I can gather information and perhaps even get some tips on how to manage the social media accounts that we will have for our band. 

Here is just some background information on Miley Cyrus as an artist. 

- Miley Cyrus started her career in 2001

- Her career morphed into acting and singing in 2004, where she played the lead role of Hannah Montana on the show "Hannah Montana"

- She was very famous from this role, and her music career excelled from this point on

- She has had a vastly successful career, selling over 75 million singles, and 25 million albums worldwide, making her one of the best selling artists of all time. 

- She does still write some of her own music and material, and the album release that I am going to be looking at for her social media timeline was released in 2020, but she also does some very interesting and cool covers of older music. Here is one of my favourites of her covering some classic songs in a unique way, and I think that this cover does show some qualities (appearance, performance and genre wise) that our band also have. 

This on in particular is quite good to compare to our band:


And here is one more example of her work, but this is the most famous song that she wrote of her entire career. 



Here is the presentation and the research that I did on Miley Cyrus's Instagram profile. I found this research task very useful and helpful and I think that it will benefit our bands social media now that we know a bit about how she approaches certain posts on her instagram. 


I am very happy with how this research project went, and I feel like I have learnt a lot so far. I am also going to be looking into a different artists twitter account and how they promote a new album being released on a different platform. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Critical Reflection Task

I have been part of a group that has constructed a music campaign for a band within the genre of pop-rock and have created three products fr...